Monday, November 2, 2009

Miracles!

November 2, 2009

So this week has been amazing. Which is weird to say because I have never been so frustrated and stressed but also there were so many Highs!!! Miracles occurred this week. Lots of them.

Miracle #1-

Drake got Baptized and invited so many people it was amazing. We had to the the program stuff in the Chapel and then go to the Relief Society room for the Baptism. Also his dad, Doug (who got baptized in Sept.) spoke it was awesome. The Kunkel Family is not the same family I started teaching in July. They are amazing and they are now preparing to be sealed in the temple next Sept. What a blessing to be a part of. Side note, Last night when I was saying goodbye to them, Doug said- I want you to know that I would not have been baptized if you hadn't shown up when you had. It was really nice to know that Heavenly Father is so aware of his children that he places us where we are needed at the exact times we are needed. I am so humbled by this.

Miracle #2-

Sandy finally got baptized. I say finally because so many times this week it didn't seem like it was going to happen. I truly believe that Satan unleashed his powers on us this week and we were able to defeat his army. First obstacle, she doesn't come to interview because she gets held up at work til midnight. So when we prayed we felt like we should go Saturday Morning and take the Elders with us to her house. We knocked on her door at 9:30am on Saturday Morning, trust me this has never happened and probably won't happen again. She was able to get interview. Then we talked about all the senarious of how she was getting to the church for her Baptism that afternoon at 3:30pm. Well at 2:10 we called her to remind her to bring a towel and she says she is not coming. So I talked to her for 20 minutes helping her see the tactics of satan and to oversee them. So she said she was on her way. Well at 3:15 she rolls into the parking lot at the church. It was the best sight you could have ever thought to see.
We had a small crowd but it was an amazing baptism. Then that night at 10:15 she called and told me that she probably wouldn't be at church because her toliet ran all day and sucked her pump dry and so her water was dirt water and she couldn't shower. I just told her that she was the cleanest person anyway and she didn't need to shower. I reminded her of daylight savings and said we would see her at church tomorrow. Well a surprise to us when we came out of our morning meetings 45 mins before church and heard her talking in the foyer. She was early for church…. YEAHHHHH!!!

To say the least this was the best way to leave this area. I got transfer calls at 8:30pm on Saturday and I am opening a new Sisters area in Gallatin, TN. They haven't had Sisters before and are really excited. As am I. So I will be staying real busy.

Also we are starting our Rehersals for the Christmas Concert we will be having the 2nd Weekend in Decemeber. That will be a fun weekend. We have 3 performances and they will be amazing.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Lots of Love,

Sister Cordon


No comments: