Monday, October 6, 2008

First Conference on my mission

October 6th, 2008

Wow!!! What a week and ending with an even better Weekend. Where do I begin… I guess the beginning is always the best.
On Tuesday we went to an appointment with an investigator who had ordered a Bible the week before from a commercial, we call that a "headquarter referral". Well we had met with her last week and had another appointment this week. We went and she wasn’t feeling good at all so we called the Elders to come and give her a Priesthood Blessing, after we explained what it was and how it could help. They got a ride from a recent convert, who was just baptized the Friday before. They came and explained what it was and gave her a blessing, then the recent convert bore his testimony. He shared what came to him when he got baptized, the peace and joy and the comfort. Well after they left, my companions and I felt prompted to invite her to be baptized, which she readily accepted for November 2nd. It was an amazing day.

Of course Satan does attempt to bring us down so I am crediting him with flattening my bike tire so we could not bike that evening to our appointment. We had planned on biking about 12 miles that night, like we had done the previous night. So we got a member to go with us to an appointment.

On Friday we had an amazing training with the Assistants while we were each waited for our turn to be interviewed by President Hutchings. They taught us that people have underlying concerns such as fear that is stopping them from accepting the gospel; they also taught us how to help the investigators understand this concern. It was wonderful to be taught something that could help change someone’s life even more. They promised us several blessing if we used what was taught it was an amazing training.

Conference was amazing all weekend. I haven’t even picked a favorite session just the whole thing. I can’t wait until the Ensign comes out and I am able to read all the talks over and over again, so I can learn all that I wasn’t able to learn the first time. My ultimate favorite talk at this moment would have to be Carlos A. Godoy’s talk on Testimonies and that not everyone has those momentous special all powerful experiences. It was an amazing talk that I want to re-read many of times. This especially hit home since I was questioning that same thing while I was in the MTC. I am so grateful for the inspired men that speak at conference. The other talked that I like was the one about how the church chooses to respond to 'anti-literature'. I really like the example of the Savior, now it makes sense and there is no question in my mind how I need to respond as well. I am so grateful for the overall feeling of hope, joy and gratitude of Conference.
Sunday morning I had an amazing experience. I can’t give details but I witnessed a priesthood blessing that promised healing to someone who just thought she was going to get told, in her blessing, to finish up her affairs. It was amazing, and it reaffirmed my testimony of the fact that the Priesthood really is restored on the earth again and that it is a true power given to those who are worthy to act in Gods name. I am so grateful for this understanding. I know without a doubt that the Priesthood is real and I will never be able to deny it.
I am so grateful to be serving my mission at this time. I have learned so much and that is not even why I came on a mission, I am supposed to be teaching everyone else. But that is not how it works you learn just as much if not more from them and from studying to teach your investigators.
I know this church is true. I know that it will bring so many blessings into your life as well as the ultimate happiness. I know I have a lot to be grateful for. I am blessed to know who I am, where I am going and my purpose here on Earth. I know that the Gospel can answer these question, I see it at least once a week when we are able to answer someone’s question that they have been wondering for a long time and how that changes there life forever. I am grateful to be a mouth piece at this time and share the gospel with all those I come in contact with. I am so grateful for the support I receive from all of you at home. Thanks for your prayers and encouraging words of support, I don’t think words can express how much that helps. I love you all!!

Thanks
Love,Sister Cordon

No comments: