September 1st 2008 -
I am so grateful for all that I have learned this week. I have realized how important it is to focus on all the blessings in our lives, rather then dwell on the negative. We have had a tough couple of weeks as a mission and we were told that we need to stay positive and continue to find the blessings and the miracles will happen. So I have been doing just that.
I am so grateful for having had the opportunity to have grown up with the gospel and having the blessing in my life the whole time. I am grateful for loving parents who taught us in the gospel and taught us right from wrong and what the Lord expected us to do. I am grateful for all the experience I have had in life that has prepared me for this time in my life. I am so grateful for having wonderful church leaders who also taught me so much about life and how to be a worthy daughter of God. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve a mission and to devote the next 17 months of my life to the Lord and the people of Tennessee. I am grateful for the lessons I am able to learn through the trials. I am also grateful for all the miracles I have already seen. I am grateful for the ward members that have helped us in the missionary work whether it be through dinner appointments or exchanges or referrals. I am so grateful for this gospel, that it was restored in this time that I may know the fullness of the the truth. I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for his love that he showed us by being willing to suffer in the garden of Gethsemane, and then his love for us by suffering and dying on the cross. He knew it was the only way that we would all be able to return to live with Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for our Prophet Thomas S. Monson and for the opportunity I have been able to have to have a prophet that speaks to God and directs us in these last days and gives us knew revelations. I am so grateful for the love that I feel and the comfort I feel when I use the Atonement in my life. I am grateful for the gift of agency we have all been given, and for the gift of resurrection. I love this gospel and I know that if I do all that I am suppose to and am obedient God will bless those here in Tennessee with the restored gospel in their lives. I am grateful for a support family. The prayers that are offered on my behalf as well as all the other missionaries. I know that families are forever and that has brought great comfort to me. I love you all so much. I am also grateful for my friends and all that I have learned from them. I am grateful for the teachers and leaders that have crossed my path and all that they were able to teach me. I love being on a mission and am grateful for this opportunity. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love Sister Cordon
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment