Monday, September 22, 2008

First Area - Trainer Sister Day

August 12th 2008-

My companions name is Sister Day, If I didn't tell you that last week. Tennessee is amazingly green. The humitiy isn't that bad. I love it here it is so beautiful.Yesterday was Zone Conference. It was amazing to feel of the spirit of all the missionaries that were there. They talked about alot of things that are just basically obeying all the rules so that the spirit can be there and help you through the mission and finding the Elect. Also they talked about using the Members and how great of an asset they can be for our missionary work and boy is that correct. All the baptisms in this area are either from media referrals or member referrals. I know that if we get the trust of the members then we will receive referrals and be able to find the elect. My ward that I am serving in is amazing. They have feed us every night but twice since I got here and we have received 8 referrals which is more then before I got here. So apparently they are feeling the spirit of our companionship and feel that we are the right ones for their friends. I am also so greatful for our bishops devotion to missionary work is amazing and helps us out alot. We are teaching a guy named Ryan. He is 21 tomorrow. He is progressing amazingly. The YSA's in this ward have become really good friends with him and have helped his fellowshipping along marvelously. I won't be surprised if by next monday I will be able to tell you I have a baptism date set :) We have located some marvelous potential investigators and investigators and we know they are the elect they just don't realize it yet. :) Hopefully by next week we will have some more progress to share with you. There are some weird people here but there are just as many amazing people. Everyone talks about Christ and everyone goes to church here and it is part of life. They aren't afraid to share it with others. I am amazed and hope to be able to keep that with me after my mission. One thing I have learned even more then I thought about before is I will not date and marry out of the church. Because you fall in love get married and live the rest of your life either Part Member or Less-Active. I feel for these people, but they have taught me an amazing lesson. I am so grateful for the blessings that come after the trials. We had some very tough days last week but the week ended with amazing blessings. Have those we were working with showing up to the Ward Social and then Church. The blessings are wonderful and out way the challenges. I am so grateful for the blessings I have in my life because I have chosen to serve the Lord and come and share the gospel with those in Tennessee. I am recording almost everyday my thoughts and experiences and will continue to do so. Thanks for all the love and support. It really gives a boost to your week when you hear from family. It reminds you why you are here and that there are those out there supporting you and praying for you. Also it reminds me that I need to do the best that I can and be completely obedient. I know that this is the fullness of the truth. I love the feeling of the spirit when I testify of the truthfulness of what we teach. I know that if I continue to do all that God ask me to do I will have an increased desire to serve the Lord and to testify more. I love you all and am so grateful for your loving support. I hope you are all doing well.
I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our only way to return to live with Heavenly Father again. I know that the Atonement is real and that if we use what it teaches us then we will be better for all that we do. I know that the Book of Mormon can bring us closer to Christ and strengthen our testimony of him and know how to be more like him. I love this gospel so much and am grateful to have grown up in the church and to have had ancestors that made the sacrifice to join the church and to go through the persecution. I am forever grateful to them.

Love Sister Cordon

No comments: