September 8th 2008 -
So I just found out Saturday night at 10:25pm that I am being transferred. I was completely shocked. I was thinking something was happening and now that I look back I understand my hesitancy's but I didn't understand them at the time. On Friday during our weekly planning session we plan out the whole next week, who we will see and what we will do when. Well we started new planners since it was another six weeks. I didn't want to write anything about Burgess Falls in it but I didn't understand so I did anyways. Also I didn't really have the insight and the enthusiasm I should of had. Well now I understand why. I am being transferred. But I will tell you I don't like how they tell you right before bed on Saturday. I wish they would just call Sunday Morning at 6:30am. I didn't sleep at all that night. Okay well I fell asleep at 2am and woke up at 6am. I tried so hard to go to sleep I was tossing the whole night. I think it was because of the nervousness of a new area and then the excitement of a transfer, as well as the sadness of saying goodbye to all the members that I have grown to love and appreciate. But I am so excited for the change. I know that I have learned what I am suppose to from my companion and that I am now needed somewhere else. Oh so I realized I haven't told you were I am being transferred to. Well I am going to Clarksville. It is a very huge military town with a lot of military families. But I know I am supposed to be there. As hard as it is to already say goodbye to the people of Burgess Falls. Everyone was shocked when they found out I was the one being transferred and not Sister Day, only because I have only been here for six weeks. But they really love Sister Day so it is a good thing that she is staying. So yesterday after church we went and visited the members that I wanted to say goodbye to and asked them who they are bringing to the open house so that we were still doing missionary work but being able to say goodbye. I went and said goodbye to the Martin Family. They have had us over for dinner at least once a week but during my first couple of weeks it was twice a week. Sister Martin goes on exchanges with us weekly. They are a wonderful family and always trying to improve their member missionary work. The rest of the night was completely missionary work. I have learned allot this transfer and am so grateful for my companion and all that she was able to teach me. I will remember it always and draw back on the experience and I know they will help me. So I am going to be in a three sum in Clarksville, and we live with members. So this will be a complete change for me. But I am excited.I know that this gospel is true and that I will be able to continue to share the gospel wherever the Lord decides I need to be. I know that I need to continue to be humble and learn from the Lord and my companions and as long as I do that I will be blessed. I am so grateful for all that I have learned and the deeper understanding of Jesus Christ Atonement. The joy it can bring into my life and others never ceases to amaze me. I know that the church was restored at a time that the people were ready to hear the truth again, even though some will still reject the gospel. I know that my job as a missionary is to plant seeds and to teach those that are prepared and ready to hear the gospel. I love missionary work and I have never felt so much pure joy. I love this gospel and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.Thanks for all that you have done for me and the prayers that are offered in my behalf. I can feel the love from my family and friends.
Love,Sister Cordon
P.S. I love this gospel!!!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment