January 18, 2010
Hello Family-
I hope your week was great. I am excited for all the New Year has brought to all of us.
This week has been wonderful. We were able to witness Donna baptized, which was a special treat to see her baptized. She was so happy and giddy. I had never seen her so happy. I am excited to see how her life changes because of the gospel.
Also this week I have been working with Sister Rucker (she isn’t a member but have always called her Sister Rucker). She is so close to baptism. She knows it is true and she comes to church and she wants to be involved. Her son is already a member. So that has helped a lot. She is so adorable. She is the one with the purple sweater with the pictures attached. I think her hold up is fear that she won’t be able to commit in all the ways she thinks she will have to. Hopefully we can address that.
Also this last week we have been able to set a baptism date with a husband and wife. Fay is the mother of a recent convert. So the Newman’s who got baptized Feb 17 2008 introduced us to her and brought her to Hunter and Lacee’s baptism and to church. Anyways they are searching and this is where they feel they are being lead and have set a date of baptism for Feb 17 2010. It is amazing how she and her husband will be able to get baptized 2 years after her son and his wife. They are seriously prepared and have been a blessing to teach. They are the ones in the last picture.
It is interesting approaching my last week of being a missionary. I don’t like it at all. I don’t like the feeling that I won’t be going into people’s home with the soul purpose to help them come closer to Christ, with the mantle and spirit behind me. But I know that we can’t be missionaries forever so I will just do all I can to serve till the end and be able to relish for the rest of my life on these wonderful moments.
I know without a doubt that our lives are so much happier and full of joy and peace when we follow the teachings of the gospel. The blessings that are promised to the faithful real and God will fulfill those promises. I have been reading in the Doctrine and Covenants trying real hard to reach my goal of having it finished by the end of my mission. It talks so much of the blessings to the faithful servants of God.
I love you all and am eternally grateful for the support that you have all given me to the very end.
Lots of Love,Sister Cordon
P.S. Thanks for the Prayers I am feeling so much better and was able to go out and work Thursday afternoon and on. I love you all.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment