Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oh what a beautiful morning....

July 20, 2009

So a few of the questions I have gotten I figured were probably common questions so I will answer a few of them here.
We have full-time car but really limited miles since we cover over 50 miles just top to bottom, so needless to say we don't travel to much of our area. We have borrowed bikes from the ward, but of course the very first day before we left anywhere the bike tire popped. It was a unique tire and the only ones we found to replace it have a weird spout to fill up the tire and don't have a bike pump to fill it up so right now we are walking and just being very careful with our miles. But we are doing real well. We live about 2.5 miles from church so that isn't bad at all. Currently they are having us search for a different apartment because the location we are in once school starts becomes party central. So we will be moving soon. The weather in Kentucky surprisingly is really different. We get these crazy storms that come in real quick do a lot of damage and then leave. Most of them are either microburst or tornadoes. But we are always safe. :~)

The ward is still excited to have Sisters in the ward. Apparently there are none all over the stake. The poor Elders that have to hear about us, I feel bad for them. We are teaching a lot of new people. It is really exciting. Currently we have 3 people that are working on being baptized on August 8th. It will be a wonderful day. We are also continuing to find a lot of new people that are interested in learning more. Once school starts we get to have a booth once a week on campus, which will be real great to contact people and share the gospel with them. I am excited. In this town Church of Christ is really huge. It is also a town of retirees. So the best way to contact people is through the college. So I am really excited.

This week was a wonderful week. We had a wonderful trip down to Franklin and Nashville. The temple was wonderful and it was neat to have 16 Sister Missionaries in the temple at the same time. :-) Then 14 of us went downtown to have lunch in Nashville. Of course everyone keep looking at us, which is expected I suppose. ;-) After lunch 6 of the Sisters had to leave but then the 8 of us started walking the streets of Nashville. We had some wonderful experience handing out a total of 9 Book of Mormons, and spending more time teaching then we did sight seeing. But we were able to go to the huge map of Tennessee which was our main goal. :-) President was shocked and said that he might just let this happen more often. It sure was a blast, and who would have thought that we would all have so much fun just sharing the gospel in Downtown Nashville.

On our way home from Nashville. The assistants call and say that they want me and Sister Bird to go on exchange with the Clarksville Sisters. So they say that Sister Bird is going to Clarksville (which was a good choice because I would have had a hard time going to Clarksville) to be with Sister Fear, and that Sister Dickson (My MTC companion) would be coming with me. So the funny thing is that we just dropped Sister Bird off in Clarksville, so she didn't have anything with her except her scriptures and she had picked up her Preach My Gospel in Franklin that day so she had that. I guess it is a good thing that her and Sister Dickson could share clothes. :-) It was a fun couple of days. It was fun to be able to serve with Sister Dickson and see the changes that we have both gone through since the MTC.

Also this week we have seen some wonderful progress on several of our investigators. We are really excited about the work in this area. There is also a wonderful excitement in the mission as a whole. I am excited to see where the mission goes. Miracles are happening all over the mission and even in our area. We were able to set a date last night at 9:20pm He is excited. But the best part of that is that on Thursday he didn't believe that God loved him or would ever forgive him. That night he prayed like we had asked and talked to Heavenly Father for the first time in 4 years and the next day he told us it felt wonderful and he knows God loves him and that he is suppose to be learning from us and that everything will work out. I am excited to see the change that will just continue to take place in him.

I am excited to be here on a mission and if I could stay for another year I would do that, but I guess we are only allotted a certain amount of time.

I hope you all know that I love you and think about you often. If you have the thought to write me feel free. I would love to hear from you.

With lots of love,

Sister Cordon



No comments: