September 28, 2009
This week has been good. It has gone by very quickly.
I loved the Relief Society Broadcast. If you were unable to attend I strongly encourage you to read Sister Thompson's and President Eyring's first then the others. But they were all good. I am so grateful for the opportunity that we have to be taught from the leaders of the church.
We are getting really excited for General Conference. It is amazing what you can learn from General Conference. I have been reading the talks from last general conference and I am amazed at what you can learn when you read them again. No wonder President Monson strongly encourages us to read the ensign, and study them, especially the General Conference issues.
A focus of my study this week has been on Testimonies and the importance of them. They are our only tool to defiet Satan. It was what was used in the war in Heaven (Rev 12:11) Because of the Atonemen t of Jesus Christ and because of our Testimonies. I have been reading the talk that was given last conference on Finding Strength in Challenging Times! Which focuses a lot on how our testimonies will provide us with strength through those hard times. Also I had read Winning the War against Evil which was from last Octobers Priesthood session. But something that has become real to me is that it is really easy to weaken our testimonies or to loose them all together but how important they are and how we need to do all that we can to continue to keep them strong. I am so grateful for my testimony and I know that it is something that can never be taken from me.
As I have focused on the life of the Savior for these last couple of months my testimony has grown in ways that I didn't realize was possible. I am so grateful for the gospel and my understanding of the Atonement. My love for the Savior is something that will continue to grow as I exercise the Atonement and apply it in my life. I know that he is our Redemer and our Advocate. I love being a missionary and a representative of him. The joy that this service brings is only a glimpse of the joy that we can have as we serve him thoughout our life. I am grateful to Heavenly Father for his desire to communicate with us through prayer. I also know that it is something that must be worked on and developed so that you can really have the relationship with Heavenly Father that he wants us to have. I know that the gospel will bring the most happiness into our lives as we study and apply the teachings. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you all, have a wonderful week, and be excited for General Conference; the Apostles and Prophet are speaking to us and we know about it. :-) How blessed we are.
Lots of Love
Sister Cordon
No comments:
Post a Comment