Monday, April 13, 2009

There is sunshine in the Mission today...

Okay so that is not entirely true. It is actually really stormy right now.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I sure did. We had a wonderful sacrament program that was entirely about the Saviors last week, Gethsemane and crucifixion, and the Resurrection. It was amazingly done by two families in the ward that are actually brothers so that was a unique opportunity. Then we had an Easter Lunch with the other Sisters serving in Clarksville at our apartment. We had a member that had given us a roast and we cooked it overnight in a crock-pot with potatoes and carrots. MmmGood. Then we headed up to Hopkinsville (the stake center which I am serving in) and had our 5th and final performance of our Easter Program "He is Risen". It was a wonderful night. We had 4 non-members in attendance from our area, 3 of which we are working with. We are going to ask the member who brought his friend if he is interested in learning. It was much more attended then the weekend before.

This week I have been busy training my "New Little Friend", the funny thing is that she is actually older then me. Her name is Sister Fear, she is from Sacramento California. She is 22yrs old, so not that much older then me. We get along great. They joked on Tuesday before we found out who our new companion was that there was a "mini Sister Cordon" I didn't believe them until I met her and realized I am serving with myself in a lot of ways. She is so excited to be on a mission, she is ready to learn everything and work. We had a wonderful week and found a lot of people to teach and share the gospel with.

I have had several experiences this week where I have felt prompted to either say something or go somewhere and share a certain thing with them and they have all turned out just wonderful. In one case I never would have brought up the issue but it happened to be the day that she needed to talk about it the most. I am so excited to be able to do all I can to be receptive to the spirit and be able to teach and find by the spirit.

Continue to pray for me will you. I am trying to be a great example. Along with teaching Sister Fear all that she needs to know, as well as teach her how to help people come unto Christ. We have several people we are working with that we feel prompted need a baptism date and we need to be bold with them and this will be new for me. Since all my last companions have been the bold ones and I haven't had to be.

I love you all and thank all for your love, support, and letters.

Love Sister Cordon

No comments: