Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas

We have had a great week here in Clarksville. This week we had a Baptism for Jessica. She is 16. It was a very spiritual and an amazing baptism. The spirit was so strong there, and then she bore her testimony at the end it was beautiful. I am so grateful to even be a part of teaching these wonderful people. To be able to see their lives change, it definitely reminds me how wonderful the Atonement is. Also that without Baptism and the Holy Ghost we can't be fully forgiven for all that we have done and access the atonement completely. Wow that makes me realize how even more important my job is right now as a missionary. Yesterday we (all the Sisters in the mission and 14 Elders) put on a Christmas Fireside, with music, narration, and a wonderful talk from President Hutchings. We get to perform it two more times this coming weekend, it is amazing the spirit that is there. The beginning is Christmas music sung with the congregation, then a solo and a male (elder) trio. Then we start the narration of Christ's birth, including the accounts from the Bible and Book of Mormon. It is a wonderful program, it was written by one of the Senior Couple Sisters in the Mission. Last night we had 4 investigators and a less active family in attendance it was so beautiful. One of our investigators Margie asked at the end why it was that we all had perfect voices. I told her it was because we weren't the ones singing. But it was such beautiful evening. They are hoping to record the performance one of these next few times I will let ya know.I am so grateful for this Holiday Season. For the chance I have to be on a mission and to focus on being a missionary and sharing the gospel with all those that we come in contact with. I know, because I have witnessed it that the Gospel can change lives. But I have also realized how important a friend is, just like what President Hinckley said, that we all need a friend in the gospel. I know that when I go home I will try extra hard to be a friend and to introduce myself to all I don't know in the ward so that everyone feels welcome. Also so that there is the support of a friend when living the gospel gets taught through challenges that come up. I am so grateful for the understanding I have already received while on my mission. I want to challenge all at home to make an extra effort this next Sunday to introduce yourself to someone you haven't previously met and to talk to them. We all want friends and can never have too many. I know that if you do, you will be able to help someone else out and you will feel more Christlike and have more love in your heart.

I love you all, and am so grateful for your support and examples.

Merry Christmas
Love Sister Cordon

No comments: